

At last, the long awaited season 2 of Gossip Girl has finally arrived! Yay! I can once again can divulge myself into my guilty pleasure of trashy teen drama and beautiful clothes.
Although extremely excited about catching up on my fav snobby upper East siders I unfortunately was not very impressed with the premier. Blair was once again trying to make Chuck jealous, Chuck dressed in ridiculous Brooks Brothers outfits, and that awful fake accent from the mysterious Lord, Marcus. Ugh! Eww, not to mention Mr. Dan Humphrey should not be filmed wearing white beaters anymore. He may be a sweet writer but lets keep the Fruit of the Loom shots for Nate. However, just like in true Gossip Girl fashion my annoyance was gone after the first commercial.
Although extremely excited about catching up on my fav snobby upper East siders I unfortunately was not very impressed with the premier. Blair was once again trying to make Chuck jealous, Chuck dressed in ridiculous Brooks Brothers outfits, and that awful fake accent from the mysterious Lord, Marcus. Ugh! Eww, not to mention Mr. Dan Humphrey should not be filmed wearing white beaters anymore. He may be a sweet writer but lets keep the Fruit of the Loom shots for Nate. However, just like in true Gossip Girl fashion my annoyance was gone after the first commercial.
So in case you didn’t see the first episode (which would be worse than wearing cut off jorts and a graphic Abercrombie tee) here’s what you missed…Serena has spent the summer lamenting over Dan on the Hampton shores. But to get over her sorrow Blair finally convinced her to go on a date with a boring lifeguard who failed to impress her with his Comoro. Blair has spent the summer dangling boys in front of Chuck’s face trying to make him jealous after he stood her up in Italy. She was able to snag a cute yet mundane boy by the name of “James”. He later revealed that his real was Marcus Beaton and he happened to be a Lord! Of course, Blair would be rewarded for being a conniving bitch. Chuck, was just his disgusting, pompous self. Nate has been secretly romancing an older woman, who by the way is 38. I’m not sure to swallow the throw up in my mouth or applaud Miss Catherine Mason, or shall I say Mrs. Catherine Mason, for snatching such a fine piece of ass. Dan has also been sneaking around. With Serena out of the picture he has been able to two-time ladies all over Manhattan. Who would have thought Dan had the balls? But simmer down ladies, before you start bad mouthing any boy who has done you wrong, let me tell you that he got what he deserved. When he came walked into the White Party to confess to Serena that he missed her he caught Serena and Nate in a steamy make out session which was then proceeded by two ladies pouring their colored martinis on his vintage white suit. Karma is a bitch. And of course our sweet little Jenny Humphrey; Jenny has been interning at none other than Eleanor Waldorf Designs. There she has been hastily sewing on buttons, hemming pant legs, and adding other such essentials that make every piece perfect.
The summer is just getting started and with beautiful people in the Hamptons you know you can expect to have some sexy hookups, crazy nights, and backstabbing drama this season. So if you missed this episode don’t worry you still have 23 more Monday nights to huddle up your girlfriends in front of your flat screened TVs.
So tell me what you think. Was Serena’s outfit to the White Party a little too Greek Goddess? Is Nate’s love affair too old for him? Should Blair really be with Lord Marcus Beaton even though she finds him to be dull? Until then try not to get too absorbed in the new episodes of The Hills, 90219, and One Tree Hill.
You know you love me,
g.

4 comments:
From the start of the first Gossip Girl episode of the second season I was in love. It may be because I am so in love with the “guilty pleasure of trashy teen drama.“ I was so hooked from the first scene.
I thought Chuck’s Brooks Brother outfits were very suiting of him. His outfit and hair emphasized his economic status, his stuck up attitude and his attempts to win Blair back. Blair’s outfit for the party was also amazing. The dress was flattering in everyway and the perfect dress to try to tease Chuck and make him jealous. Serena looked like goddess, hands down. She was stunning in a floor length dress and the hair went along so perfectly. Dan looked nice, and the wife beater wasn’t that bad. I feel like it showed off his rugged side, which is what his image in the show is, compared to all the privileged rich boys. It was Jenny’s dress that I did not like. It looked pretty cheap and so not gossip girl. It was too much coverage for a privileged party.
Though I love the show, I feel that it is pretty predictable what will happen. Because it is a “trashy teen drama” you can expect Blair and Chuck to end up together, and Dan and Serena to fall back in love. Could we compare the series to The O.C. but set in the upper East side? A group of girls and boys sleeping with each other and falling into a sea of drama: it is definitely my type of a guilty pleasure.
First of all I must say that I am so glad that you decided to write your blog on this show because now I have yet another excuse to discuss it. :) I do love your style of writing just like the narrotor on Gossip Girl does and it shows that you have much knowledge on this amazing show. Might I add that it is by far one of my favorite shows to ever hit the tv screen. You hit all the key points in the show, and sigh I do agree that Nate is beyond gorgeous. Such eye candy it does make you envy this cougar for getting him while she can. He seems to be more into Vanessa at times which worries me because she just has got to go. I always enjoy their outfit changes and even though Serena did go a little bit Greek on us it was something she can pull off. Nothing is more glamorous than a girl who knows how to flaunt what she has. Haha I enjoyed the comment about Chuck's outfits, but can we both agree on what a sweetheart he is for trying to help out Nate? Dan does need to stick to his previous clothing, and Jenny needs to get a better role in this. All the characters are getting kind of bland, and you're right "James" and his phony accent are not helping the matter. I will remain a loyal fan, and look forward to reading more of your blogs. CW owns. :) xoxo Maria
Well, personally I have never seen this television show. Hope I'm not too lame for admitting that. (lol) What tv station does it broadcast on?? It seems interesting though. Considering the simple fact that I am too old to have drama in my own life, I would enjoy watching other peoples'. And of course I'm all about fashion, so I'll enjoy that as well. Any really cute guys?? With the face, body, and brain?? Hopefully there is, so I can fantasize about that perfect guy that probably doesn't even exist. Don't want to fantasize too much in this comment. Anyways, I like the blog. Good job!!
~Lucky Chaut~
Post a Comment